FCA Compliance - MiFID II, AML & Cryptocurrency Update
The FCA’s attention has been heavily focused this year on MiFID II and combating financial crime. It has announced major consultations, published significant new guidance and imposed substantial penalties, all of which have practical consequences for FCA authorised firms.
This one hour webinar is suitable for compliance officers, approved persons at FCA authorised firms and financial services lawyers. Participants will learn about the FCA’s response to problems posed by MiFID II, its approach to cryptocurrencies, proposed changes to the Financial Crime Guide to come into effect on 1 October 2018 and sanctions imposed for anti-money laundering systems failings and market abuse offences.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will update participants on the FCA’s activities in the following areas:
- Financial Crime Guide - the FCA’s consultation on adding a new chapter to the Guide on countering the risk of insider dealing and market manipulation, which came into effect on 1 October 2018
- MiFID II - the FCA’s recently announced review of how MiFID II rules on research and corporate access are being interpreted and applied by the market
- Cryptocurrencies - the FCA’s recent ‘Dear CEO’ letter on cryptoassets and financial crime and its confirmation of the regulatory status of cryptocurrency derivatives
- Sanctions - a review of the recent FCA proceedings against Canara Bank for failing to maintain adequate money laundering systems and to take sufficient remedial steps, and confiscation orders for market abuse
- Culture - the FCA’s report on its Transforming Culture Conference, including comments on the Senior Managers Regime and remuneration, concluding with the FCA’s future plans