FCA Compliance - Key Changes to the Appointed Representatives Regime
The FCA have launched a wide-ranging consultation on improving the appointed representatives regime.
They believe the level of harm that they are currently seeing from use of the model is too high, and that there are real risks of consumers being misled and mis-sold.
Important changes will be made to the FCA’s rules and guidance for the appointed representatives regime, to reduce the potential harm to consumers and markets.
The FCA intend to introduce the new rules and guidance in H1 2022.
This new webinar will update participants on the new rules and guidance, and market reaction to them.
It is suitable for senior managers and in-house counsel at FCA-authorised firms which have appointed representatives, senior personnel at appointed representative firms, compliance officers and financial services lawyers.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- Strengthening the responsibilities of principal firms & clarifying FCA rules:
- New guidance for principal firms on FCA rules
- New guidance on expectations of how principal firms should oversee their Ars
- New ongoing information obligations, to allow the FCA to identify risks & assess whether a principal firm has the expertise, systems & controls to effectively oversee its ARs:
- Additional information to be required about Ars
- New notification requirements to be imposed on principal firms
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 19th July 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation