Expert Evidence In Asylum Claims - Best Practice & Strategies For Success
Independent expert evidence is key in assisting the Secretary of State and the courts in understanding complex asylum cases and dynamic country conditions. Whether you are dealing with previous adverse credibility findings or a paucity of objective evidence in the public domain, a high-quality expert report can give your client’s case the best chance of success.
At the same time, finding and instructing the best expert can present challenges to practitioners in terms of funding and professional obligations.
During this webinar you will learn tips and strategies for the effective use of expert evidence in initial asylum claims, appeals, and further challenges.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- When to use expert evidence in asylum claims—timing and justification
- The expert’s remit - on what can the expert comment?
- Finding an expert
- Funding (with a note on Legal Aid procedures)
- Instructing an expert and your professional responsibilities
- Relying on the evidence
- A note on medico-legal reports
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 26th August 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation