Evidencing Senior Managers' Responsibilities - A Guide for FCA Authorised Firms under SMCR
The new Senior Managers & Certification Regime embodies one of the biggest changes to financial services regulation in the past decade.
Replacing the APR, the regime is designed to create a culture of accountability within firms from the top down, with the onus placed on individuals to take responsibility for their actions.
Senior managers have a duty of responsibility under the regime, meaning that if their firm breaches a requirement, they could be held personally accountable if they did not take reasonable steps to prevent the breach. Senior managers may also hold one or more prescribed responsibilities in addition to the inherent responsibilities that are part of a senior manager’s role.
This brand new full day course provides senior managers with the know-how to protect themselves against FCA action such as fines.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The Senior Manager’s Regime
- Senior management functions, prescribed responsibilities and the duty of responsibility
- Completing statements of responsibilities
- Obtaining FCA approval
- Additional requirements for senior managers at enhanced firms
- Senior Manager’s Responsibilities
- Senior manager conduct rules - what they really mean
- Ethical behaviour
- Regulatory concerns - what to do
- Other statutory or legal obligations
- How to evidence compliance
- Avoiding FCA action under FSMA
- The defence against action - reasonable steps
- Evidencing reasonable steps
- Delegation of responsibilities
- Reporting lines
10:00am - 4:30pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme