Evaluating & Improving Board Performance - Live at Your Desk
‘There should be a formal and rigorous annual evaluation of the performance of the board, its committees, the chair and individual directors’ according to the FRC’s Code of Corporate Governance.
Whether your company is formally subject to the FRC Code, informally follows this code or simply wishes to employ good corporate governance practices, this virtual classroom session is designed to assist you with planning and conducting a board evaluation.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is an effective board?
- Methodologies for carrying out an internal board effectiveness review
- FRC Code of Corporate Governance requirements
- Guidance from the FRC Guidance on Board Effectiveness as well as the January 2021 ICSA publications: Principles of good practice for listed companies using external board reviewers and Code of practice for board reviewers
- Insights from INSEAD, NEDA, Deloitte, McKinsey and other experts in this field
- Practical tips and suggestions from the trainer who has experience with facilitating board effectiveness reviews for private companies
- An example agenda and skeleton materials for a one-day board evaluation session, plus recommendations for year-round strategies to improve board performance
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.