Estate Planning & the Family Home - Practical Tips & Recent Changes
This webinar will provide you with a comprehensive update and practical tips on estate planning and the family home.
It is particularly relevant following the recent changes to capital gains tax allowances and the back tracking on social care reform.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What works and what doesn’t?
- In what circumstances the home can be utilised to help mitigate inheritance tax?
- Capital gains tax implications
- Stamp duty land tax implications
- When gifts with reservation of benefit or pre-owned assets tax may become an issue
- Practicalities of severing the tenancy and what this means in practice
- Discretionary trust and immediate post death interest trust implications in respect of care home fees for the surviving owner
- How to ensure your children benefit even if the survivor remarries or has further children
- Practical tips on record keeping and evidence to provide in future
This webinar was recorded on 9th June 2023
at your organisation