Estate Planning & Tax - A 15 Year Case Study Live At Your Desk
This new virtual classroom seminar will explain the estate planning opportunities available to a married/civil partnership couple who hold a variety of assets.
The options will be explained by way of a detailed case study that sets out all the interacting taxes, including inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax and stamp taxes.
The session will cover a 15-year period setting out the positive impact of successful gifts made earlier in life, as well as providing an understanding of the different factors at stake when one partner has a greater life expectancy than the other.
It will not only set out the planning that should be undertaken in this situation but will also warn of the potential downsides to some restructuring.
Find out about:
- The extension to the standard BPR rules
- Fall in value relief
- Capital gains tax market value uplift planning
- The interaction with foreign countries’ taxes
- Will planning and letters of wishes
- Death-bed planning
- Suitable lifetime gifts
- Reduced rates for inheritance tax
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What information you need to be able to advise
- How to structure gifts in the circumstances of the case study
- What gifts should not be made and why
- Reducing the usual seven-year survivorship period
- How to make the tax planning easier for the surviving spouse
- How to reduce the capital gains tax liability for the family
- The ways to maximise valuable reliefs
- What structures should be put in place to facilitate the successful planning
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.