Essential Corporate Governance in the UK - Directors’ Duties & Effective Leadership
This 3 hour live broadcast session is aimed at directors of private companies and those that advise them, including both directors new to company governance and those with some experience looking for a holistic refresher and/or update.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive set of notes and will consider the topics in the context of a case study and real-life examples. The facilitator will also cover issues relating to directors' decision-making during the COVID-19 crisis.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The roles and responsibilities of the board
- The roles and responsibilities of individual directors, including: the C-suite, subsidiary directors, non-executive directors, nominee directors and corporate directors
- Making decisions:
- Statutory and non-statutory directors’ duties
- Ratification & authorisation of breaches
- Conflict avoidance
- Strategic thinking
- Board meetings and board minutes
- Delegation versus abrogation of duty
- The range of directors’ potential civil and criminal liabilities
- Leadership: what does/should this mean?
- Learning from strategic failures: ideas for boards
- Delegation, committees, policies and procedures
- Subsidiary governance: issues and solutions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.