Enforcing Leasehold Covenants - The Tricky Issues
This session looks at practical methods of enforcing some of the trickier covenants for landlords and tenants facing default by the other.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- Enforcing repairing obligations: Specific performance - Blue Manchester v North West Ground Rents
- Self-help remedies for landlord and tenant
- Keep open covenants - are there any practical remedies?
- Why CRAR might prove problematic: Brar v Thirunavukkrasu
- Forfeiture and lessons from Timbo; SHB v Cribbs; Zescrest v County Hall
- Impact of insolvency on remedies: forfeiture, guarantors & rent deposits
This webinar was recorded on 23rd March 2020