Enforcing IP Rights & Litigation - An Introductory Guide
IP rights can be of critical importance commercially and more and more businesses are prepared to enforce them.
This new full day course will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how IP rights are enforced in the Patents Court, the Chancery Division and the Intellectual Property & Enterprise Court, the three courts where almost all IP cases are litigated.
The course is aimed at those with a basic knowledge of IP rights but with only limited experience of enforcement and will cover the procedures, tactics and important do’s and don’ts of IP litigation.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Introduction to the IP rights available
- Enforcing IP rights - the letter before action and undertakings
- Effect of a letter before action on timings for the defence
- Responding to a letter before action: the options and the risks
- Documenting a settlement
- Enforcement in the Patents Court - key features and points to watch out for
- Enforcement in the Chancery Division - key features and points to watch out for
- Enforcement in the IPEC - key features and points to watch out for
- Procedural issues and tactical considerations involved when enforcing or defending claims relating to:
- Trade marks
- Rights in confidential information
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme