End of Life Decisions - A Guide to the Options for Private Client Practitioners
Despite euthanasia being illegal in this country, our legal framework enables us to record our end of life wishes in many different formats and for our wishes and feelings to be advocated through our loved ones.
This webinar explores these different formats; their effectiveness and the benefit to the client and their loved ones.
The content is aimed to help private client and Court of Protection practitioners better understand the options, how they work in practice and to help you evolve this area in your practice of law.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The legal framework: - capacity; the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Human Rights Act 1998
- Health and welfare Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Advance decisions
- DNR consent forms
- The role of the Court of Protection in health and welfare decisions
- The role of the High Court in health decisions for minors
- Donor cards
- The involvement of P
- End of life care funding
- Deathbed gifts and planning
This webinar was recorded on 22nd November 2018