Employment Contracts in Professional Football - A Complex Area
Some of the highest value employment contracts are in professional football, with more money in the game than ever before, advising players and negotiating their contracts of employment has become increasingly complex.
The engagement of experienced lawyers in this area is essential. This introductory webinar will give an insight into the legal issues which arise, the negotiation process and the football regulatory framework affecting the player/club employment relationship.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- An overview of player employment and trading
- How FIFA, FA and League regulations affect the employment relationship, both in the domestic and international player market
- The role of agents and intermediaries
- Anatomy of a player's contract, what does it contain and where does it differ from other employment contracts
- The negotiation process - club v player
- Are player contracts evolving, are they fit for purpose in the modern game?
This webinar was recorded on 22nd August 2018