Employee Rights & Notice Periods - A Guide For Employment Law & HR Professionals
With a few notable exceptions, most contracts of employment are terminated by an employer giving notice to an employee. Sounds simple. But there are many pitfalls and nuances, including specific rights of an employee, during the notice period.
This virtual classroom seminar will provide a complete overview of all aspects of the concept of notice and will be an invaluable tool for all employment law professionals.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Calculation of effective date of termination where notice is given
- The significance of the effective date of termination
- The effect of a payment in lieu of notice
- Dismissals intervening during the notice period
- Effect on effective date of employee leaving before notice expires
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.