Employee Health & Wellbeing - The Legal Obligations Explained
Work-related stress and other mental health issues are on the increase. In recent years stress has become the most common form of work-related illness.
Aimed at employment law and HR professionals, this webinar will explore employer's legal obligations around employee health and well-being and how employers can identify and reduce work-related stress.
Consideration will also be given to the claims that can arise if stress is not managed effectively, and the steps employers can take to minimise the risks.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is work-related stress and what causes it?
- What steps can employers take to reduce the causes of stress at work?
- How can employers identify work-related stress?
- How can employers support team members who are experiencing stress?
- Employers' health and safety obligations in relation to employee wellbeing
- Factors that can lead to a negligence claim
- What types of mental health issue amount to a disability?
- When reasonable adjustments may be required
- When can an employer dismiss an employee who is on long-term sick leave because of mental health issues?
- The circumstances that can lead to unfair dismissal and/or disability discrimination claim
- A review of recent case law
- How employers can minimise the risk of claims
This webinar was recorded on 23rd June 2021
at your organisation