Electric Vehicles - Tax & Grants for Business Explained
Times are changing and as electric cars become more mainstream, for environmental, performance and cost reasons, your clients are considering these vehicles ‘the future’. You therefore need to be aware of not only the tax benefits of running an electric car, but also the possible Government grants that they may be eligible to.
This practical and informative session will address these points showing how individuals and businesses are impacted by owning electric cars, vans and bikes. This virtual classroom session will guide you through both the legislation and many practical examples covering what is important to know about the tax reliefs and grants available for electric vehicles.
Throughout the course, there will be interactive quizzes case study exercises to reinforce your learning.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The tax benefits of businesses switching to electric vehicles
- The tax benefit in kind position of directors and employees
- The capital allowances that can be claimed
- The VAT recovery position
- P11D/Class 1A national insurance
- Tax aspects relating to both electric vans and electric bikes
- Tax aspects relating to electric charge points and charging costs
- Privately owned electric cars
- Government grants
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.