E-Commerce & Competition - An Introductory Guide
E-commerce is a fast developing area with growing importance to the business community.
Not surprisingly therefore, both the EU Commission and national competition regulators like the CMA have already signalled that competition law scrutiny of the online world is a priority for them.
There has recently been an explosion of developments in relation to geo-blocking, pricing restrictions, access to market platforms, use of pricing algorithms and information exchange which is creating a new framework of what is and what is not acceptable when trading online.
Online platforms are also to be the subject of increasing EU regulation with the proposed Digital Services Act while the CMA is proposing a new regulator to address the problem of online platforms’ market power.
This webinar is aimed at competition and e-commerce advisors and will provide an easy- to-follow summary of the competition law online framework.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Introduction and context to competition law & e-commerce
- Restriction to online selling and a review of the latest cases
- Territorial / geo-blocking
- Online pricing restrictions
- Price modelling software and cartel liability
- Access to online market place and price comparison sites
- Platform regulation and pricing
This webinar was recorded on 12th November 2020