Drafting Winning Witness Statements & Impeccable Instructions to Experts
Most litigators and paralegals have drafted a statement, but is it an effective one?
Experts can make or break a case and this new course presented by Helen Swaffield identifies a ‘how to’ guide to boost civil evidence.
What You Will Learn
This practical drafting course will cover the following:
- Statements from proof of evidence
- The case theory
- Privilege and property in a witness
- Preparing the evidence for court
- The case theory identified and mobilised
- Part 32 technicalities, exhibits
- Affidavits, summons and overseas evidence
- Dishonest evidence and exaggeration
- Choice of expert and ‘crossing the Rubicon’ of Part 35
- Instructions to experts and assumptions
- Should they prove fact or just opinion?
- Problem experts - can they be replaced?
- How much can the solicitor do on the report?
- CPR 35 new cases
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme