Domestic Abuse & the Interaction with Housing Law - A Roundup
This webinar will guide you through the Domestic Abuse Act 2021, case law in respect of the same and its interaction with housing law.
We will also consider the relevance of the legislation on domestic abuse in the context of shared accommodation.
The webinar will enable delegates to put the legislation into practice (and through its paces).
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Where domestic violence in housing began - Yemshaw v Hounslow LBC
- What is the new statutory definition
- What does ‘personally connected’ mean?
- New abuses now considered - finally catching up with criminal law - what is not seen as much as what is seen. What evidence is needed or should be considered when presented with a homelessness application?
- Section 78 and Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 - is Yemshaw and Hussain v Waltham Forest LBC now recognised in statute?
- Has priority needed to be redefined?
- Can you bring possession proceedings on the grounds of domestic violence and if so, how?
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions - there is no direct amendment but what of the nuanced features in the Domestic Violence Act 2021 you can use?
- How has the Homelessness Code of Conduct changed?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 28th March 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation