Divorce & the Family Farm - Tackle the Complexities with Confidence
This new course aims to equip practitioners with the skills to tackle the complexities of a farming divorce and rural clients with confidence.
The course is aimed at those with some previous knowledge of financial remedy proceedings who would like to build on this and understand how to apply the principles they are familiar with in a farming context.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Why farming divorces are different, identifying the decision makers, and the challenges of acting for farming clients (the good, the bad and the highly entertaining!)
- What approach the court adopts; needs sharing and compensation - how that applies in farming cases
- Key cases - analysis of relevant case law
- Inherited wealth - how is it treated
- Farm business structures - how to deal with third party interests e.g. partners in the business
- The role of trusts in farming divorce cases
- Pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Why expert evidence is essential - role of the expert - choosing wisely and asking the right questions
- Working with other professionals - why it will make your life easier
- How to think creatively and take a problem solving approach
- Top tips - do’s and don’ts
- Planning ahead - why pre-nuptial agreements are an essential tool in future proofing the farm (and how to ‘sell’ their benefits to your clients)
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme