Divorce & the Accountant’s Role for SME Businesses
Whether you are a forensic accountant or a general practitioner, this virtual classroom session will highlight the opportunities for you to be involved in financial disputes connected with divorces where one or both parties own an SME business.
The presenter will explain the procedures and rules that apply and show how best you can use your knowledge and professional experience.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Divorce involving an SME, a summary of the court process
- Other forms of dispute resolution and the involvement of accountants
- Disclosure, Form E and questionnaires
- Expert witness or adviser?
- Complying with Part 25 of the Family Procedure Rules
- Other sources of guidance
- Your expert report - avoiding the pitfalls
- Business valuation in the context of divorce - similarities and differences
- The other issues - liquidity, future remuneration, and taxation
- Dealing with questions arising from your report
- Getting paid
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.