Dismissing Employees Fairly & Properly - A Guide for Employment Lawyers & HR Professionals
In the current economic climate dismissing employees properly is more important than ever. Ensuring you make the right decisions and reducing your risk of litigation is crucial to the survival of an organisation.
This live broadcast session will explore the principles of dismissing employees and the relevant legal principles, ensuring that your organisation operates equitably and within the law. It will guide you through the practical application using real life case scenarios and you will have the opportunity to share your own experiences and have your questions answered.
What You Will Learn
This live interactive session will cover the following:
- Who can bring a claim?
- The legal requirements
- Unfair dismissal in practice
- ACAS Code of Practice on Discipline and Grievance
- Range of reasonable responses test
- Tricky areas to manage - including using ‘some other substantial reason’ in practice, conduct outside of work, social media issues and resignations in the heat of the moment
- Practical case studies and real-life scenarios
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.