Disciplinary Investigations - A Guide for HR Professionals
The investigation stage of any disciplinary process is crucial and getting it wrong can taint the whole procedure from the outset, making any subsequent dismissal unfair and/or giving rise to discrimination allegations.
This webinar will consider a typical disciplinary investigation process and will review some common problems that are encountered - including when suspension might be inappropriate and delays caused by grievances, police investigations and sickness absence.
We will look at how those problems can be overcome and what a best practice investigation looks like.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Whether and when it is appropriate to suspend an employee
- Alternatives to suspension
- Remedies available to an employee who is inappropriately suspended
- How to conduct the investigation process - what is best practice?
- Common problems, including:
- Whether to postpone the investigation if a grievance is raised
- Delays caused by sickness absence - can you plough on regardless?
- Police & regulatory investigations - to delay or not?
- Investigations that go nowhere - what can be done?
This webinar was recorded on 8th July 2019