Discharge to Assess - The New Rules in Care Funding
The 'Hospital Discharge Service: Policy and Operating Model', effective from 1 September 2020 sets out the mandatory processes for arranging and funding care and support on discharge from hospital.
Many thousands of people should now be eligible for a period of fully funded care while awaiting assessments of their eligibility for NHS Continuing Healthcare or Care Act assessments.
This new webinar will describe the rules and how to make sure your clients secure the appropriate funding and support.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is Discharge to Assess?
- Will the NHS pay for all of the person's care and support after discharge from hospital?
- How long does a Discharge to Assess funded package last?
- What assessments do health and social services have to complete?
- Is there a right to choice in Discharge to Assess care and support packages?
- What if the proposed Discharge to Assess care and support package is unsuitable?
- Can the NHS evict a patient who is bed-blocking?
- What are the Discharge to Assess rules when a person lacks capacity?
- What happens after the Discharge to Assess process has been concluded? - the link with other care funding rules
This webinar was recorded on 11th November 2020
at your organisation