Directors’ Duties & Insolvency in Ireland Post COVID-19 - A Guide for Insolvency Professionals
IntroductionThis new webinar will consider the statutory obligations imposed upon company directors under the Companies Act 2014, how those obligations are applied in practice and the steps that insolvency practitioners must undertake to address the acts of directors in a corporate insolvency scenario. It will deliver a full review and update of the applicable law and most recent decisions, where the landscape has been continually evolving in recent years. The webinar will provide practitioners with a detailed analysis of the process undertaken in an application to restrict a director under section 819 of the Companies Act 2014. It will also consider the other remedies available to insolvency practitioners where company directors have breached their obligations under the Companies Act and consider and detail the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the practical approach of practitioners to corporate insolvency scenarios.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Different perspectives applied to review of actions of directors including those of a liquidator, the ODCE and the High Court
- Do’s and don’ts for company directors when a company is threatened with insolvency
- Duties of directors to creditors of insolvent companies
- Sanctions that can be imposed on directors of insolvent companies to include restriction, disqualification, reckless trading, and fraudulent trading
- Obligations upon insolvency practitioners including the reporting requirements to the ODCE
- Historical development of the sanctions placed upon directors of insolvent companies
- Necessary proofs in any application to restrict a director under section 819 of the Companies Act 2014
- Practical analysis of recent insolvency cases where COVID-19 has been a feature and the recent trends in the judicial thinking
- Options available to insolvency practitioners with respect to real property and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the landlord and tenant relationship
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 10th December 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation