Directors’ Duties - Key Insights & Updated Guidance
This webinar help you to understand the legislation behind each duty and practical suggestions to aid compliance, avoid liability and explore the key duties that apply to directors of a private limited company.
It will also extrapolate key insights and ideas that are relevant for private companies raised by the new Guidance on Directors' Duties published in October 2018 by The Association of General Counsel and Company Secretaries Working in FTSE 100 Companies (‘GC 100’).
If you are a solicitor or accountant new to advising private companies in the UK or a company director keen to ensure compliance, then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Who is a company director?
- An overview of all of the statutory duties (and how they operate)
- A focus on s.172 including guidance from GC 100
- The consequences of breach (including the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986)
- Directors' liability to third parties (and indemnities for third party liabilities)
- D&O insurance
- Practical guidance/action points to aid compliance in relation to each duty