Directors’ Duties - A Refresher on Governance
This two-hour live broadcast session is aimed at directors of private companies and those that advise them, including both directors new to company governance and those with some experience looking for a holistic refresher and/or update.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive set of notes and will consider the topics in the context of a case study and real-life examples.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The roles and responsibilities of the board
- The roles and responsibilities of individual directors, including: the C-suite, subsidiary directors, non-executive directors, nominee directors and corporate directors
- Leadership: what does/should this mean?
- Delegation, committees, policies and procedures
- Making decisions:
- Directors’ duties
- Conflict avoidance
- Strategic thinking
- Board meetings and board minutes
- Delegation versus abrogation of duty
- The range of directors’ potential civil and criminal liabilities, including which liabilities are the most prosecuted/ most likely
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.