Demystifying the Court of Protection - A Guide for Family Lawyers
A basic understanding of the role of the Court of Protection and the key provisions of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 is essential for every family law practitioner to appreciate capacity issues which may arise in relation to your own clients and also in relation to other parties including children in care and private law proceedings.
This webinar will cover the overlap between the work of the Court of Protection and the Family Court.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Jurisdiction and role of the Court of Protection
- Key players in the Court of Protection
- Key provisions under the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Welfare and Deprivation of Liberty issues
- Property and affairs
- How to bring a claim in the Court of Protection/transfer of proceedings to the Court of Protection
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 25th February 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.