Debt Recovery in a Changing World - Everything You Need to Know
2020 has been a year that no one could have imagined. The country has been in lockdown; travel restrictions have been imposed; thousands have lost their jobs, and numerous businesses have suffered financially, some to the point of insolvency.
With one of the most difficult years for the UK economy and, for businesses, handling cash flow is undoubtedly one of the most important issues including recovering monies rightly due from both individuals and other companies.
For lawyers with clients of any shape, size, variety or specialism, debt recovery is likely to be an important skill in the coming weeks and months as we continue on this unknown path of frustrated contracts, cancelled bookings, non-provision of services and outstanding invoices.
This new webinar is suitable for all legal professionals working with clients who require assistance in the debt recovery field.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Know your debtor - profiling and information gathering to ensure a successful recovery (both individual and corporate debtors)
- Pre action letters and correspondence - following the protocol and ensuring compliance
- Repayment proposals and formally agreeing the same
- Enforcement options available, including the pros and cons of each and which is likely to prove most successful in any given scenario. Specifically:
- Third Party Debt Orders
- Charging Orders
- Attachment of Earnings Orders
- Control of Goods Orders
- Statutory Demands - effectively using the documents and know when to serve the same
- Insolvency/Winding Up Proceedings
- The Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 and its implications on the corporate debt recovery process
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 16th February 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation