Debt Recovery in a Changing World - Everything You Need to Know
2020 was a year that no one could have imagined. The country in lockdown; travel restrictions imposed; thousands of people losing their jobs, and numerous businesses suffering financially, some to the point of insolvency.
With one of the most difficult periods for the UK economy and, for businesses, handling cash flow is undoubtedly one of the most important issues including recovering monies rightly due from both individuals and other companies.
For lawyers with clients of any shape, size, variety or specialism, debt recovery is likely to be an important skill in the coming months as we continue on this unknown path of frustrated contracts, cancelled bookings, non-provision of services and outstanding invoices.
This new webinar is suitable for all legal professionals working with clients who require assistance in the debt recovery field.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Know your debtor - profiling and information gathering to ensure a successful recovery (both individual and corporate debtors)
- Pre action letters and correspondence - following the protocol and ensuring compliance
- Repayment proposals and formally agreeing the same
- Enforcement options available, including the pros and cons of each and which is likely to prove most successful in any given scenario. Specifically:
- Third Party Debt Orders
- Charging Orders
- Attachment of Earnings Orders
- Control of Goods Orders
- Statutory Demands - effectively using the documents and know when to serve the same
- Insolvency/Winding Up Proceedings
- The Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 and its implications on the corporate debt recovery process
This webinar was recorded on 25th January 2021
at your organisation