Dealing with Residual Client Ledger Balances - What, How & Why?
Not returning residual balances is a potentially major breach of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and may have other implications.
The SRA have identified this as an issue they are looking at so it is important to avoid falling foul of the rules.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What are residual balances?
- How do they arise?
- Why are they a concern to the SRA?
- How might the SRA be made aware of residual balances?
- How should these balances be dealt with in the first instance?
- What to do if the client cannot be located?
- The role of the COFA
- How not to get in the same position again
- Further help and advice - how to contact the SRA
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Solicitors Accounts Rules
Troubled by residual client balances or require a SARs health check? Read how to ensure regulatory compliance with our new consultancy services