Dealing with Drug & Alcohol Dependency in the Workplace - Live at Your Desk
The misuse of drugs and alcohol by employees is a common and challenging area for employers.
Drug and alcohol misuse at work can lead to a wide range of serious issues, including low morale, reduced productivity, poor customer satisfaction, and impaired business performance.
This live broadcast session will tackle this thorny topic, and help employers to understand the risks, their legal responsibilities, and the options that are available if they suspect that an employee is misusing alcohol or drugs.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The signs of drug and alcohol misuse at work
- Employers' health and safety obligations
- When and how you should deal with drug or alcohol misuse as a health issue
- When and how you should deal with drug or alcohol misuse as a conduct issue
- The role of occupational health reports
- How to reduce the risk of unfair dismissal claims
- Is drug or alcohol addiction a disability?
- How to lawfully introduce drug and alcohol testing, including the GDPR implications
- Tips on developing an effective substance misuse policy
- Practical guidance on managing suspected drug or alcohol misuse
- Case studies on managing drug and alcohol misuse in the workplace
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.