Data Protection, Internet Consent & Cookies - An Update with Laura Scaife
In 2017 the European Commission published the draft ePrivacy Directive.
It is designed to update marketing and cookies law for a digital age and also to harmonise the legal regime governing such technologies in a manner consistent with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The webinar is highly practical, up-skilling delegates to be able to understand the requirements of the draft Regulation in the context of your day to day business activities with confidence. It is ideally suited for in-house counsel, external lawyers and business owners.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The relationship with the GDPR
- The relationship between the DPA 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003
- Effects of changes to the law post 2018 to:
- When consent may be required
- If banners are still required and what you must disclose regarding cookies
- Requirements for 3rd party tracking technologies
- How the draft Regulation will be enforced
- Current cases
- Fines and trends
This webinar was recorded on 16th March 2021
at your organisation