Cyber Threats in Shipping - How is the Risk Managed?
This new virtual classroom seminar will introduce any lawyer involved (or wanting to be involved) in shipping to the recent digitisation trends in shipping, cyber threats to the maritime industry and the International Maritime Regulation and IMO 2021 rules which are attempting to manage that risk.
The session will also take a specific look at the issues related to unmanned vessels and the legal position on insurance in that part of the industry; finishing up with practical hints on how to handle a shipping-related cyber-attack.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Recent cyber-digitisation in shipping
- Crew training
- The state of the shipping industry against cyber threats
- Six key questions
- Remote working issues
- Vessel threats
- Data threats
- Cyber security onboard ships
- A case study from Q4 2020
- IMO and International Maritime Regulation
- IMO 2021 cybersecurity regulations
- Unmanned ships (UVs and AVs) and cyber risk in this area
- Insurance: institute Cyber Exclusion Clause 380
- Other insurance rules
- Malicious acts: the law
- The warranty of seaworthiness
- How to handle a cyber attack