Criminal Finances Act Update - UWOs & Interim Freezing Orders - Live at Your Desk
With the public's clamour for McMafia style unexplained wealth to be investigated, the number of unexplained wealth orders ('UWO') is set to increase: are you ready to advise your clients?
This live broadcast session is aimed at those with little or no previous knowledge of UWOs and interim freezing orders.
Delegates will be invited to engage in a discussion on any recent cases and the effectiveness of these powers.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The requirements that need to be met for a UWO to be made
- The effects of compliance and non-compliance of a UWO
- The consequences of making misleading statements
- The requirements for an interim freezing order
- The variation and discharge of an interim freezing order
- Compensation when an interim freezing order is discharged
- Recent Government guidance on the application of interim freezing orders
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.