Credit Hire - An Update for PI Lawyers
This webinar will update you on how the Court of Appeal decisions of McBride v UK Insurance and Clayton v EUI Ltd are being interpreted in the lower courts. It will also look into further developments in credit hire including getting your pleadings right on the current position on taxi claims.
This webinar aims to reflect on practical steps that might be taken in response to the altered legal landscape.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The approach of the lower courts to the Court of Appeal in McBride v UK Insurance and Clayton v EUI Ltd
- Should evidence of basic hire rates be from local suppliers?
- How does the court consider the hire charges if there are multiple ‘mainstream’ companies available?
- Are judges still accepting impecuniosity and accepting the credit hire rate?
- Are we seeing an impact of the GTA because of this decision?
- An update on pleadings issues and other credit hire issues
- Find out why and how pleadings need to be drafted
- Understand the impact of failing to disclose and part 18 questions
- Are we likely to see a change in taxi claims with only loss of earnings being recoverable?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 27th January 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.