Creating & Drafting Restrictive Covenants - The Latest Guidance with Peta Dollar
This webinar will cover the most complex issues with restrictive covenants. It will give guidance on how to create a restrictive covenant, passing on the benefit and burden of restrictive covenants and how to draft them.
The webinar will also provide an update on recent developments.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is a restrictive covenant?
- The benefit of a restrictive covenant - assignment, annexation, building schemes
- The burden of a restrictive covenant
- The importance of notice/registration
- Interpreting the covenant
- Who needs to give consent in relation to the covenant?
- Avoiding/varying the covenant - insurance, negotiation, s84 Law of Property Act 1984, s610 Housing Act 1985
- How the Lands Tribunal deals with s84 applications - ground (a), ground (aa), ground (b), ground (c) - s84(10) and leases - modifying section 52 agreements
- Lessons learned from recent cases, especially Alexander Devine
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 20th October 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation