Court of Protection Costs - The Latest Case Law & Guidance
Over the last few years the Office of the Public Guardian has been working in close partnership with the Senior Court Costs Office in an attempt to streamline the way Court of Protection costs are presented for assessment with regards to general management, statutory wills, gift applications and ad hoc applications for decisions in property and affairs.
This webinar will provide you with a guide on how to record your costs on a day to day basis within the constraints of the professional deputy guidance to ensure that your work in progress is recovered.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The ways in which to work within the good practice guide, produced jointly with the OPG and the SCCO
- The OPG’s reporting requirements
- Reminders of what to consider when incurring general management costs against the client’s estate
- Advice on submitting bills of costs for assessment
- Acting as professional deputy
- Fixed costs
- Costs of the annual deputy return
- Preparing the OPG105 costs estimate
- Current legislation and case law
- Other types of application