County Lines Exploitation - A Guide for Criminal Lawyers
County lines exploitation is an increasingly prevalent concern in the field of criminal justice. A common feature in county lines drug supply is the exploitation of young and vulnerable people.
Despite being 5+ years post enactment of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, this is an area which is still developing at a fast pace.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following areas:
- Identifying county lines indicators
- Home Office statutory guidance on the Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Referrals into the National Referral Mechanism
- Definition of section 45 MSA 2015
- Practical steps in relation to running of section 45 MSA 2015 defence when applicable to county lines cases
- Re-trafficking issues
- Admissibility issues at trial relating to conclusive grounds decisions by the Single Competent Authority
- Consideration of case of R v A  EWCA Crim 1408
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 1st June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation