Costs & CPR Part 36 - The Benefits & Risks Explained
This new webinar will cover the key costs provisions in relation to CPR Part 36 and various important decisions in case law impacting on the interpretation of them.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Does a Part 36 offer made before an additional claim is joined to the proceedings include the additional claim?
- Does a Part 36 offer made before a counterclaim is issued include the counterclaim?
- Can a Part 36 offer exclude interest?
- What is the validity of additional terms in Part 36 offers and additional interest following expiry of the offer?
- Part 36 benefits for beating your own offer - is it all or nothing?
- Part 36 benefits - is interest payable in the ‘additional sum’ as well?
- How is the Court’s jurisdiction invoked where a Part 36 offer is accepted in a fixed costs case?
- Part 36 offers - an escape route from fixed costs?
- Do you escape fixed costs for any period if the Defendant accepts an offer out of time?
- Does the court have power to order a payment on account of costs where there is Part 36 acceptance?
- The Defendant beats its own Part 36 offer - what are the consequences?
This webinar was recorded on 11th August 2020