Costs Update - The Impact of Recent Cases on Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Practice
This new virtual classroom seminar will take delegates through the top cases of 2020 and will provide practical advice and tactical tips.
The session is aimed at all practitioners dealing with legal costs in clinical negligence and personal injury or those who wish to develop their existing legal costs skills and knowledge.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Fixed costs in low value PI claims - Ryan v Hackett
- Indemnity costs appeals - Lejonvarn v Burgess
- Delay of acceptance of a Part 36 offer - costs consequences - Campbell v Ministry of Defence
- Cost budgeting - good reason to depart - Marbrow v Sharpes Garden Services Ltd
- Interest allowed on costs - Deutsche Bank AG v Sebastian Holdings Inc & Alexander Vik
- Costs liabilities pursuant to CPR 44.12 and QOCS - Ho v Adelekun
- Part 36 offers and multiple defendants - IT Protect Ltd & Bramston & Harris v Pye & Montague
- Failure to secure the Claimant’s informed consent - Belsner v Cam Legal Services Ltd
- Guideline hourly rates - PLK & Ors
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.