Costs, Costs & More Costs - A 2019 Roundup
Costs law is constantly changing with decisions coming from the SCCO, High Court and the Court of Appeal on a regular basis. Unless you are up to date on the rulings you risk losing out and your cases becoming unprofitable.
This webinar will allow you to keep up to date with all the latest developments.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Latest CPR costs changes
- Part 36 - the torrent of cases continues
- Is your letter without prejudice or without prejudice save as to costs?
- Proportionality - changes to schedules of loss, what is the amount in dispute?
- Proportionality and ATE premiums
- Can costs exceed damages and still be proportionate?
- Budgeting - how much does the judge have to explain his/her decision?
- Budgeting - what makes a submitted budget improper?
- Budgeting - what is a good reason for departing from budget?
- Budgeting - revision
- Costs penalties for non-compliant bundles
- Costs assessment and overuse of counsel
- Is full hearing after provisional assessment a completely fresh assessment?
- Payments on account of costs
- Failure to notify opponent of recoverable CFA - should relief be granted?
- All the latest cases
- Latest news on Whiplash and Small claims
- Latest news on fixed costs up to £100,000