Corporate & Personal Insolvency - Bringing You Up to Date
This full day course will cover all the key areas in this fast moving and important area of law which affects commercial contentious and non contentious lawyers in many different disciplines as well as other professionals.
There will be three main themes:
- Recent and important case law from the last 12 months
- The 2016 Rules and how the profession is getting to grips with them
- Personal and corporate reforms and how they are affecting day to day practice
It is intended to bring you completely up to date and also look ahead to what the future might have in store.
The emphasis will very much be on a practical approach to this important area of law.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- A review of the latest corporate and personal insolvency case law from 2017 onwards - what themes can we identify?
- Insolvency Practice and Procedure in 2019 - how are the new Rules settling down for us?
- Getting to grips with the recent legislation in relation to insolvency - do the new corporate governance reforms really make a difference?
- Personal Insolvency - the IVA market is changing in particular
- Pre-packaged and other Administrations - the on-going debate and the recent changes. How is the pre pack pool working in practice? Is this the last word?
- Litigation and the Insolvency Practitioner - funding an action; a fast moving area of law
- Remuneration Issues for the Insolvency Practitioner - a whole new ball game
- Director disqualification - we have been promised a tougher regime - is this the case?
- Regulatory and professional reform - an ever changing landscape
- 2019 and beyond - more change?
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme