Corporate Finance - Demystifying the Jargon
This 5-hour live broadcast session spread over 2 days provides a comprehensive insight into the two key sources of external company finance: debt and equity.
Aimed at those who have some understanding of one or both of these topics but wish to update, refresh and/or enhance their understanding, it is suitable for lawyers, accountants, directors and other business professionals.
Join this interactive tour of corporate finance featuring real-life case studies and examples of corporate finance transactional documentation. Key aims of the session are to de-mystify jargon and provide delegates with a practical commercial and legal appreciation of the issues, documentation, regulation and legislation of the corporate finance arena.
Corporate finance for all types of company will be covered: from start-ups to publicly listed companies.
What You Will Learn
This interactive course will cover the following:
- The commercial decision: why companies seek to raise equity and/or debt finance, leverage, gearing
- Comparisons of debt v equity, loans v bonds, public equity v private equity
- Instruments: overdrafts, types of loans, types of debt securities (commercial paper, notes, bonds), quasi-equity/loan notes/convertibles
- Security, credit risk, credit ratings
- Syndicated loans, subordination
- Transactional documentation: term sheets, loan agreements, debentures
- Listed debt and over-the-counter trading
- Instruments: different classes of share
- Issuing shares
- Financing stages, from seed to series A, B, C etc through to maturity
- Different types of investor: seed, angel, venture capital, private equity, stock market
- Crowdfunding (platform and product)
- The why, when and how of floating, plus key differences between the markets;
- Fundraising on float and secondary issues (rights issues, open offers, placings)
- Documentation: articles of association, subscription agreements
- The roles of parties involved in debt and equity transactions
- The many roles of the investment banker
- An analysis of key documentation and key clauses - what are they designed to do
- Common jargon, including a substantial glossary
- Recent developments and horizon-scanning
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
10:30am - 1:00pm
10:30am - 1:00pm