Copyright Law - A Comprehensive Introduction
Major changes in copyright law have recently been introduced and this directly affects what happens in many corporate organisations.
In addition, businesses need to fully understand current licensing rules, as copyright-related licences determine how content can be reused.
This new introductory level course will provide up-to-the minute advice about current copyright regulations, outline the risks and offer practical guidance on how to minimise them plus how to increase efficiency when dealing with rights and permissions.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The basic principles of copyright and the types of work protected by copyright
- How to establish authorship, ownership and duration of copyright in different types of work
- Other types of IP rights and what they protect
- The differences between assignments and licences
- Key hot topics in copyright, including social media, creative commons licences and finding content you can use for free
- Managing infringements and what you need to do
- How to protect business rights
- Case studies
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme