Conveyancing Comprehensive Update 2020 - Live with Stephen Desmond
Concentrating on changes over the last 12 months, this live broadcast, split over two sessions, is ideal for the busy conveyancer; it is very practical and relevant to your day-to-day practice.
Some of the changes are small and could easily 'sneak up on you'.
As a busy conveyancer you need to keep up to date with changes in practice as well as changes in the law.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- COVID-19: The Law Society’s Draft Variation Agreement
- COVID-19: Changes to Land Registry practice guidance
- SDLT update, including updated HMRC guidance on applying for a refund, non-residential purchases, seeking relief from the 15% rate
- Capital Gains Tax payable on sale - the new rule changes and the latest HMRC guidance
- Property fraud
- Lessons to be learned from judicial guidance
- What questions do you need to ask, if any?
- The latest professional obligations (including those in the 2019 Code for Completion) and guidance on money laundering and mortgage fraud
- The Law Society’s 2019 update to the Conveyancing Protocol
- The amended questions in the 2020 edition of form TA6, including on Japanese knotweed
- Recent cases on practical aspects of conveyancing including:
- Rights of way
- Restrictive covenants
- Japanese knotweed
- NHBC claims and retaining walls
- Undue influence, transfers at undervalue and third party contributions to purchase
- Long leases: Escalating rents - are you a conveyancer or a valuer?
- Selective updates to Land Registry Practice Guides
- New rules on pre-commencement conditions and the proposed New Homes Ombudsman
- Proposed abolition of assured shorthold tenancies
- The latest on rentcharges
- Voluntary Right to Buy
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.