Contracts of Employment - 3 Key Areas for Busy Practitioners
This live workshop will explore 3 key aspects relating to contracts of employment:
- Fixed term contracts
- Permanent health schemes
- Utilising mobility clauses
Expert employment lawyer, Kate Shepherd will guide you through the obligations that an organisation has and considers the rights, duties and risks associated with these types of clauses in contracts of employment. Kate will also provide guidance on how to incorporate flexibility when drafting to ensure maximum protection, minimising an organisation’s risk and exposure to legal claims.
Aimed at HR professionals and lawyers, this seminar will use real life case studies and practical examples, and delegates will have the opportunity to share their own experiences and have their particular questions answered.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
Fixed Term Contracts
- What legal protection do these types of contracts offer?
- What are the employer’s and employee’s duties?
- Less favourable treatment and objective justification
- The implications of successive use of fixed term contracts
- Opportunities for permanent work
- Pension arrangements
- Redundancy and fixed term employees
- Termination of fixed term contracts
- What do HR need to do to comply?
Permanent Health Insurance
- What is PHI?
- How the contract of employment interacts with PHI schemes
- Can you dismiss an employee in receipt of PHI?
- How to manage holidays and PILON
- Practical drafting tips
- Top tips on how to implement PHI schemes successfully
Using Mobility Clauses
- Building in flexibility to contracts of employment
- What is reasonable?
- Relying on mobility clauses in a redundancy situation
- Managing situations where employees will not move
- Practical tips
- Recent case law including Kellogg Brown v Fitton
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme