Contracted-Out Leases - Simple Process or Technical Minefield?
Contracting out of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 was never intended to be a difficult process.
However, there are question marks over its operation in a number of areas which is unfortunate, since it is a procedure which it is crucial to get right: it may underpin the property valuation, or it may vitally affect practical plans for the property.
The most recent caselaw usefully points the way to a more pragmatic and less technical approach and this webinar considers the procedure comprehensively in a way which applies common sense to the problems.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Dealing with the unrepresented tenant
- The right form of declaration
- Authority to swear declarations on behalf of the tenant
- Pre-completion amendments to the form of lease
- More complex transaction structures
- Offer-back clauses
- Issues with surrender agreements
This webinar was recorded on 10th January 2020