Contract Breach, Termination & Damages - Risky Business
Terminating a contract can be a risky business often met by a counterclaim.
This webinar will review the pitfalls of wrongful termination and examines liquidated damages and other available remedies for breach.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Material breach - the contractual right to terminate: Grand China applied
- Repudiatory breach - the common law test revisited in Ampurius
- Whether to accept the breach or enforce the contract?
- Which parts of the contract are discharged?
- Wrongful termination - when can it be used: EE v Phones 4U
- Affirmation traps for the unwary
- Anticipatory breach - express reservation of rights - Tele2 v Post Office
- Calculating the expectation loss if there is a notice for convenience
- Liquidated damages or penalty clause after Parking Eye - latest cases
- LDs as well as damages: GPP Solar
- Ready willing and able - specific performance of endeavours obligations
- Check list before termination
This webinar was recorded on 27th January 2020