Consumer Law - A 2 Day Introduction
Consumer law affects everyone everyday: from the cup of coffee bought on the way to work to a mobile contract plan used to stream music.
Nevertheless, it is an area of law which is not well understood and is often misunderstood.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to consumer law and will provide you with the knowledge and expertise to understand when, how and to whom it applies. Particular focus will be placed on key issues, the practical problems and the common types of claim in this area.
What You Will Learn
The course will cover the following:
- Brief background of consumer protection
- What is a consumer?
- The Consumer Rights Act 2018
- Rights in respect of goods
- Rights in respect of services
- Rights in respect of digital content
- Rights in mixed contracts
- Unfair Terms
- The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
- Types of consumer contracts covered
- Information requirements
- Cancellation rights
- The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- Civil right of action
- Claims against creditors for breaches by suppliers
- Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974
- Consumer Finance (Consumer Credit Act 1974)
- What is credit
- Regulated v Exempt
- Post Contract
- Key points (including Unfair Relationship claims)
- Consumer law case studies
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme