Construction Law Casebook - What’s New?
The past 18 months has seen a raft of case law affecting the construction and engineering industry.
With projects getting more complex and of larger value, it is essential to stay up to date with the latest thinking from the Court, so that you can advise clients on drafting and interpretation with assuredness and stay in-the-know with your practice area.
This virtual classroom seminar brings you all the latest decisions covering LADs, adjudication enforcement, termination, breach, stepped dispute resolution procedure, tortious duties of care and performance/quality standards.
The live seminar is designed for all individuals who work in, or advise on, construction contracts whether lawyers or not, including those in project management, commercial or risk functions or in contract administration.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- Case law backdrop
- The trends from 2021 and early 2022
- Why case law should be part of your learning toolkit
- The key cases of the last 18 months
- Breach of contract
- Termination (circumstances and consequences)
- Tort: establishing duties of care
- Performance obligations and quality standards
- LADs (application and conditions)
- Stepped dispute resolution procedure
- Adjudication enforcement
- Update on cladding cases (current)
- Real-life impact and potential application
- Summary take aways
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.