Construction Contracts - Case Law Roundup
Case law shapes how law is applied and is fast moving the construction industry. To draft your contracts, to interpret clauses, and to advise capably, it is important to stay up to date.
In addition, from the business perspective, case law provides you with the opportunity to learn wider lessons to support growth and development goals.
This webinar focusses on construction contract case law and will cover several hot topics including adjudicator powers, the applicability of and entitlement to LADs, contract formation and breach, the use of expert evidence, potential tortious liability of independent consultancies, plus the latest on the ongoing claims for uninsured losses arising from defective cladding.
The webinar is designed for all individuals who work in, or advise on, construction contracts whether lawyers or not, including those in project management, commercial or risk functions or in contract administration.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Case law backdrop
- What happened in 2021 and going forward - trends
- Why case law should be part of your learning toolkit
- Case law
- Adjudicator’s powers, waivers, and reservations
- Expert evidence
- Tort and independent consultants
- LADs and possession
- LADs and termination
- Contract formation
- Statutory interest v contractual interest
- Uninsured losses and defective cladding (ongoing)
- Commercial perspective: mapping these judgements into lessons for the future
- Summary take aways
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 5th July 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation